Wednesday, October 18, 2006

COME BACK JACK...

Last Thursday I lost my best buddy, BlackJack "Jack". I have 4 kidkats, all adopted at various times, and last Thursday they broke out of the house. I had the sliding glass door open with the screen door closed. I left to walk my dog and when I came back the screen was open and 3 of the 4 had made a run for it. The only one left behind was Mau. Perhaps because he was too fat to fit thru the opening, but I believe it's because he just couldn't leave me. He's the only one of the 4 that ever remembers my birthday.
So I go outside and immediately Bongo comes running back in, scared to death. He did not dig the cold, rainy, outside adventure glamorized by those Disney movies. You know, always showing the dog and cat on some adventure, white water rafting, eating spaghetti, getting tattoos, whatever. He came right back and hid behind the couch.
Gatto was another story. Gatto. A 7 year old indoor cat, declawed, is out back in the grass trying to pick fights with the stray cats that live in the bushes on the river. He's out there, ears back, making this howling noise. The other cats are out there looking at him like, "Bitch are you crazy?" I managed to grab him before they opened the can of whoop-cat.
But Jack...couldn't find him and he did not come back. I'm still believing he is playing in the bushes and will come back any day now. He's always been curious about the outdoors and loves to explore. He has his claws so he's not helpless. I love 'em all but Jack was my first. He's the only one I went to adopt on my own. I miss him terribly.
Oh, and I have also blocked the Disney channel on our cable lineup. No more of those dangerously influential movies for my kids. And as for you Walt Disney, evil pied-piper of peril...A pox on your entire Magic Kingdom!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home