Monday, September 22, 2008

THE WEEKEND

Saturday:

We had a fun weekend here in Nashvegas. Saturday I took Bouncer (Teabag Jones) to the Nashville Dog Day Festival. What a blast. Hundreds of dogs and their owners in Centennial Park enjoying the day. There were some really exotic breeds of dog there that I had never even seen in person.

Bouncer had a good time. He's very good with other dogs, cats, kids, etc. The one thing that absolutely slays me is his crazy sniffing behavior. When Bouncer hits the dog park or any place where there are, or have been, other dogs, he goes into this wild-eyed sniffing frenzy. His eyes glaze over, he gets real crazy pulling on his leash, he starts drooling, he tries to hike on everything he can like he's leaving his mark...except his bladder emptied about a mile back. He was possessed. Fitz calls the walking/sniffing outing a "Sniffari". I love that word...cracks me up to this day.


Sunday:

Sunday was pretty low key. Watched some football, did some laundry (my least favorite of all chores), and then went for a bike ride around the Bicentennial Capitol Mall. What a cool place. I had never gone down there and spent any significant amount of time. It's really an amazing park with some unbelievable architecture. Really a fun and interesting place to be. It also dawned on me that I haven't had my own bicycle since I was in my early teens. In high school I had a moped, then a motorbike, and then I got a car.

I can't believe I went so long without getting another bicycle. It's inspired me to remember other fun stuff from childhood that could cross over into my adult life...which is why I am organizing a giant game of duck-duck-goose next weekend. Be there or be square.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home