Tuesday, September 30, 2008





CATSANOVA

One of my cats likes to go outside. There's nothing behind my condo but grass, trees, and the Cumberland River. Also, there's not a walkway thru the condos. In order to get to the back from the parking lot, you would have to go all the way around the whole complex. Point being, it's mostly secluded.

He stays out for a couple of days, more or less, then comes back home. Yesterday he came home with a purple collar with rhinestones all over it. I figured it was my neighbors Jay & Laura. They live a few buildings down and they know who he is since he hangs out there sometimes.

The next day, Laura knocks on my door...
"Hi, did your cat come home yet?"
"Yep, he showed up yesterday. By the way, did you give him a collar?"
"No, we didn't. But I wanted to give you this note...it was attached to that collar, (laughing) I pulled it off yesterday when he came over to our house."

The note reads...

"This cat hangs out here alot and I want to make sure he's ok so I was wondering. Does he belong to someone? Does he have his shots? Is he fixed? I'm in #___ and my phone# is ___. My name is Melissa. I am very fond of him."

At this point, I started to realize that my cat isn't going outside to quell his wild instincts, get back to nature, hang out with the wild cats on the river, and live by his wits. Oh no...this punk is going door to door, meowing his way into people's homes, and eating like a king! I'm waiting for him to show up on someone's Christmas card for cryin' out loud.

The picture above shows him with his Marvin the Martian toy. I got it from one of those claw machines. He used to drag that thing all over the house, upstairs and down. He would take it to bed, sleep with it. It was so funny because it was about as big as he was. You'd hear this 'thump-thump-thump-MEOW-thump-thump...all the way down the stairs. And now he never plays with it anymore. I guess Marvin got his walkin' papers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home