Monday, January 21, 2008


YOU GOTTA LOVE TRANS FAT

While Bouncer and I were out on our Sunday afternoon cruise around town, I happened upon two fascinating billboards. Proud banners announcing to the world "ZERO TRANS FAT". The best part is that these two particular banners happened to be in front of KFC and Krispy Kreme. Say WHA'?! I realize this isn't really saying that doughnuts and fried chicken are now fat free, but when the average person sees ZERO and FAT in the same sentence, the first thing they think is "this is not bad for me".

And we wonder why America is the fattest nation in the world. C'mon people! I too am waiting for that glorious day when scientists announce that doughnuts and fried chicken are now health food, but until then, I'm sorry to report that TRANS fat does not mean SANS fat. I can just see people leaving the drive through, patting themselves on the back saying "It's been tough but I am really trying to stick to my zero-trans-fat diet. I'm on day 47 and I have not had one gram of trans fat...and the amazing thing is I don't feel hungry!"

Forget about all the calorie counting, excercise advice, and the good fat vs. bad fat debates. The best advice ever about dieting was given by Dr. Nick Riviera. "If you're unsure about something, rub it on a piece of paper...if the paper turns clear it's your window to weight gain!"

PEACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home